Duke at Wisconsin headlines 2014 ACC-Big Ten Challenge matchups
The ACC and the Big Ten announced the matchups for the annual basketball challenge, set for DATE.
The ACC-Big Ten Challenge provides college basketball fans with at couple of must-see games every season, and things will be no different in 2014-15 with a pair of national title contenders headlining the annual event.
Duke, with star freshmen Tyus Jones and Jahill Okafor, will travel to Wisconsin to face Frank Kaminsky and much of the core from the Badgers' Final Four team. Not only are both teams ranked are in the top four of CBSSports.com's Preseason Top 25 (and one) -- Duke at No. 2, Wisconsin at No. 4 -- but the game could tip the scales in what appears to be an evenly matched contest for both leagues.
Our super-early Top 5 games for next year's ACC-B1G challenge:
1) Duke at Wisconsin -- not only for the aforementioned reasons, but also a rare true road game in non-conference play for the Blue Devils.
2) Ohio State at Louisville -- It's the first ACC-B1G challenge for the Cardinals and a good look at Thad Matta's Ohio State team without Aaron Craft, LaQuinton Ross, and others.
3) Iowa at North Carolina -- Expect a high scoring game and a lot of attention on UNC guard Marcus Paige, a native of Marion, Iowa.
4) Michigan State at Notre Dame -- The Branden Dawson-led Spartans sit right on the edge of our preseason Top 25 (and one) and the Irish will finally have Jerian Grant (academics) back on the team. This might be a sneaky-good matchup to keep an eye on.
5) Virginia at Maryland -- The defending ACC champions get to face their former permanent rivals in a non-conference setting in College Park. The Wahoos have a strong group returning with London Perrantes and Malcolm Brogdon, but throw it all out the window in this odd setting for a UVA-Maryland game.
Check out the full schedule of games below:
Mon, Dec 1
Nebraska Cornhuskers at Florida State Seminoles
Rutgers Scarlet Knights at Clemson Tigers
Tue, Dec 2
Syracuse Orange at Michigan Wolverines
Ohio State Buckeyes at Louisville Cardinals
Pittsburgh Panthers at Indiana Hoosiers
NC State Wolfpack at Purdue Boilermakers
Illinois Fighting Illini at Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes
Minnesota Golden Gophers at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Wed, Dec 3
Duke Blue Devils at Wisconsin Badgers
Michigan State Spartans at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Iowa Hawkeyes at North Carolina Tar Heels
Virginia Cavaliers at Maryland Terrapins
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Northwestern Wildcats
Virginia Tech Hokies at Penn State Nittany Lions
Tip-off times and television information will be released at a later date.
Motley, who averaged 17.3 points and 9.9 boards, is projected as a borderline first-rounde...
Sharpshooter's return figures to send the program to a place it has been only once before
Are you buying?
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander also discuss UNLV's recruiting class
The five-star big man is part of a surprise late-period recruiting coup by Marvin Menzies
It's time for random observers to stop being outraged by players' decisions