Eye on College Basketball Podcast: A big look at the weekend
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss the Big Ten, Big 12, gambling on sports, Doug McDermott, Iowa, Duke, North Carolina and why they do actually root for certain things.
I sat down Monday morning with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Why is Borzello so good at picking college basketball games against the spread?
- Is Iowa going to win the Big Ten?
- Could the casual college basketball fan name two Iowa players?
- Does Norlander regret picking Duke to win the national title?
- Why did he ignore Duke's defensive efficiency numbers when he picked Duke?
- Does North Carolina have another positive turn left in its season?
- Is Roy Williams as drained as he's ever been?
- How much is Colorado going to presumably miss Spencer Dinwiddie?
- Where are you supposed to get road wins in the Big 12 outside of TCU and Texas Tech?
- Should Doug McDermott be the Player of the Week every week?
Beyond that, we got into a conversation about why we do actually root for certain programs and coaches, and we explained why. I think it makes sense. Let me know if you agree.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
Buddy Boeheim was so impressive at Peach Jam that Gonzaga offered; others showing interest
The truths and myths about the push for 2018's No. 1 recruit to play college hoops a year...
Here are the under-the-radar players who will have breakout seasons in 2017-18
Duke coach says sometimes troubled guard played hurt last season, adding, 'I'm really proud...
Michigan, Marquette, California, LSU and VCU are also in the 34th annual field
The expected rise of Missouri figures to be a storyline once they start playing for real