Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Doug McDermott leading POY race?
Gary Parrish is joined by Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello to discuss Jabari Parker's benching, Kansas' fourth loss, Doug McDermott's big week and much, much more.
I sat down early Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Was Mike Krzyzewski smart to bench Jabari Parker in Duke's loss at Notre Dame?
- Can anybody remember another star player getting benched like that?
- Which upset from the weekend was the most surprising?
- Should Kansas still be the pick to win the Big 12?
- Is it time to remove Andrew Wiggins from Player of the Year consideration?
- How about the job San Diego State's Steve Fisher is doing?
- And what about Cincinnati's Mick Cronin?
- Was Connecticut's early resume misleading?
- Should Doug McDermott be the leading candidate for National Player of the Year?
- Why doesn't he get the same kind of attention that other POY candidates get?
- Should McDermott consider growing a mustache or something?
Beyond all that, we got into a pretty random (but hopefully interesting) conversation about cheating at the high-major level -- specifically why the rewards far outweigh any risks, and why more programs aren't caught cheating even though there's presumably lots of cheating going on. Also: BCS picks! Because, why not?
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The deal is part of long-awaited $2.64 billion contract; CBS' hoops-only commitment runs through...
If Wichita State guard Landry Shamet has a breakout season, he could leave early for the N...
Athletic big man finished 3-day trip to Durham, N.C., with trips to USC, Arizona coming up
Calipari's latest viral social media bit comes just three weeks after the Wildcats head coach...
Buddy Boeheim was so impressive at Peach Jam that Gonzaga offered; others showing interest
The truths and myths about the push for 2018's No. 1 recruit to play college hoops a year...