Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Everything from a loaded weekend
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss Kentucky's big slip, Mick Cronin's verbal altercation with Ted Valentine, the continued Wichita State doubting and more in one of our most loaded podcasts of the season.
I sat down Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss issues in the sport. Among them:
- What in the world is going on with Kentucky?
- Why do people think it was just the media who overrated UK?
- (The coaches also had UK at No. 1, you know?)
- Are people really still discounting Wichita State?
- Who will be the fourth No. 1 seed?
- Does Virginia's ACC title mean UVA is the ACC's best team?
- Was Mick Cronin wrong to yell at Ted Valentine?
- Was Ted Valentine wrong to bow up on Mick Cronin?
- Is the ACC better at the top than the Big 12 and Big Ten?
- Can Michigan State get healthy and fixed?
- Is SDSU underrated, overrated or properly rated?
Beyond all that, we discussed what we're looking forward to this week -- specifically Louisville at SMU and Villanova at Xavier. Will the home teams win both games? Also: I defended Taylor Swift. She's a perfectly reasonable pop star, I think.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The University of Vermont women's basketball team canceled a game in Chapel Hill over HB2
Top 25-caliber teams fill the inaugural event
Calipari's decision not to suspend Derek Willis could end up backfiring on him down the ro...
The 6-foot-2 combo guard will probably be on our list of the best dunkers in the sport
There was a close race for who coaches say they would want coaching their own sons.
The big event will circulate through NYC, Indy and Chicago