Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Next year's best after draft deadline
Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello discuss the NBA Draft deadline, the No. 1 ranking Kentucky will take into the preseason, potential First Team All-Americans, Missouri's hiring of a 59-year-old rookie coach at the Division I level, and much, much more ... including the weather.
I sat down Tuesday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back and look ahead and discuss the developments in college basketball since the season ended. Among the topics:
- So we all agree that Kentucky should be the preseason No. 1, right?
- How will John Calipari manage all of these frontcourt minutes?
- How surprised were we by the Harrisons decision to return to school?
- Which school was hurt most by early defections?
- Will Cliff Alexander be a better college player than Jahlil Okafor?
- Was Missouri smart to hire Kim Anderson?
- Is it surprising that Ben Howland didn't get back in?
Beyond all that, we took a shot at predicting preseason All-Americans, and it wasn't easy. Honestly, there's probably not one consensus guy like Marcus Smart, Doug McDermott and Russ Smith were this time last year. That's interesting. Also: We spent some time talking about tornadoes because, well, that's just the way these podcasts go sometimes. Anyway ...
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The information on who harassed John Higgins will now be turned over to the FBI
Some of these future NBA picks might work out, but others won't sniff being drafted
This is a good development for Louisville, which may avoid having its coaches forced to testify...
The athletic guard withdrew from the NBA Draft late Wednesday night
Next step in the case, which began in 2011, is for UNC to face the NCAA's Committee on Inf...
We look at 40-plus teams affected by this year's NBA Draft