Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Texas' win vs. UNC and much more
Gary Parrish and Yahoo's Jeff Eisenberg discuss Duke vs. UCLA, Texas vs. UNC, Stanford and Barry Hinson's postgame rant that went viral.
I sat down early Thursday with Yahoo's Jeff Eisenberg to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- What's it like covering college basketball on the national level from the west coast?
- Is the Pac-12 the best basketball league in the country?
- How badly did Stanford's Johnny Dawkins need that win over Connecticut?
- How important is Thursday night's game against Duke for UCLA?
- Will Duke learn to guard by the end of the season?
- Is North Carolina the most confusing team in the history of college basketball?
- Have we seen the last of P.J. Hairston at UNC?
- Can Rick Barnes really do enough at Texas to extend his career?
Beyond all that, we closed the podcast discussing Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson and his postgame press conference that went viral. Did Hinson really say anything too out of line? And is it really not OK for a coach to publicly criticize individuals for playing poorly?
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The 2017 NBA Draft had more freshmen, and fewer seniors, taken in the first round than ever...
A scandal at New Mexico leads to a rarity for the NCAA Tournament selection committee
These two Hall of Fame coaches have been in the crosshairs of NCAA justice in recent years
Will Kentucky have more than two players taken in the first round of the NBA Draft?
Continues to lobby for a college hoops commissioner; hopes the NBA, NCAA can come together
This development means every Division I job is now filled