Eye on College Basketball Podcast: What's up with Wiggins?
Gary Parrish and ESPN's Jeff Goodman discuss, among other things, Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker, Doug McDermott ... and Kansas, Kentucky and Minnesota in general.
I sat down Thursday morning with ESPN television star Jeff Goodman to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Are podcasts as fun when there's no Matt Norlander to clown?
- Does Goodman miss being, you know, a writer?
- Why does he hate Andrew Wiggins so much?
- Where would Goodman draft Wiggins right now?
- Who will go No. 1 in June's NBA Draft?
- Does he see Jabari Parker or Joel Embiid actually returning to school?
- Is Kentucky a true threat to win the national title?
- Can Kansas win it all without a great natural point guard?
- Does Goodman love Doug McDermott more than he loved Robbie Hummel?
- What are we to make of Richard Pitino's early success at Minnesota?
Beyond all that, we discussed the preseason hype connected to Wiggins and wondered how much of it was rooted in one performance at the Peach Jam. (A lot, we agreed.)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The 2017 NBA Draft had more freshmen, and fewer seniors, taken in the first round than ever...
A scandal at New Mexico leads to a rarity for the NCAA Tournament selection committee
These two Hall of Fame coaches have been in the crosshairs of NCAA justice in recent years
Will Kentucky have more than two players taken in the first round of the NBA Draft?
Continues to lobby for a college hoops commissioner; hopes the NBA, NCAA can come together
This development means every Division I job is now filled