Eye on College Basketball Podcast: What's up with Wiggins?
Gary Parrish and ESPN's Jeff Goodman discuss, among other things, Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker, Doug McDermott ... and Kansas, Kentucky and Minnesota in general.
I sat down Thursday morning with ESPN television star Jeff Goodman to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Are podcasts as fun when there's no Matt Norlander to clown?
- Does Goodman miss being, you know, a writer?
- Why does he hate Andrew Wiggins so much?
- Where would Goodman draft Wiggins right now?
- Who will go No. 1 in June's NBA Draft?
- Does he see Jabari Parker or Joel Embiid actually returning to school?
- Is Kentucky a true threat to win the national title?
- Can Kansas win it all without a great natural point guard?
- Does Goodman love Doug McDermott more than he loved Robbie Hummel?
- What are we to make of Richard Pitino's early success at Minnesota?
Beyond all that, we discussed the preseason hype connected to Wiggins and wondered how much of it was rooted in one performance at the Peach Jam. (A lot, we agreed.)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The former Cardinal's injuries are not considered life-threatening
Archie Miller's debut season at Indiana will be a top-10 storyline in college basketball
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander discuss last week's NBA Draft and look to next year's
Mizzou's basketball arena has around $1000,00 in damage
The two SEC coaches let everyone know what changes they think should come to the NBA Draft
It's not an outstanding slate, but the Big Ten has good opportunities with the most interesting...