Eye on College Basketball Podcast: Wrapping up the regular season
Jeff Borzello, Matt Norlander and Gary Parrish look back, look ahead and discuss Wichita State's 34-0 season to date, what it was like to witness Doug McDermott's Senior Night and what we are to make of Joel Embiid's lingering back issue?
I sat down Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss issues in the sport of college basketball. Among them:
- How awesome is Wichita State's 34-0 season to date?
- Why do people who claim to respect KenPom still question the Shockers?
- Is Wichita State a legitimate threat to win the whole thing?
- What was it like to witness Doug McDermott's Senior Night?
- How dumb is it to book a 6 a.m. flight the morning after we lose an hour?
- What are we to make of Joel Embiid's lingering back issue?
- Can Kansas win it all if he's not 100 percent?
- Will NBA teams hesitate to take him No. 1 overall because of this?
- Florida, Wichita and Arizona will be No. 1 seeds. Who else?
- How good of a job has Billy Donovan done with the Gators?
Beyond all that, Borzello and I reprimanded Norlander for keeping Nebraska out of his projected Field of 68. He eventually came around, though ... probably because I wouldn't stop booing him. (I booed that dude so much.)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
The 2017 NBA Draft had more freshmen, and fewer seniors, taken in the first round than ever...
A scandal at New Mexico leads to a rarity for the NCAA Tournament selection committee
These two Hall of Fame coaches have been in the crosshairs of NCAA justice in recent years
Will Kentucky have more than two players taken in the first round of the NBA Draft?
Continues to lobby for a college hoops commissioner; hopes the NBA, NCAA can come together
This development means every Division I job is now filled