Pod: A thorough breakdown of every game in the bracket
Now that the thrill of Selection Sunday is subsiding and you're already crossing out picks made in your first draft of your bracket, let the podcast help you sort out which teams have what in store.
Now that the thrill of Selection Sunday is subsiding and you're already crossing out picks made in the first draft of your bracket, let the podcast help you sort out which teams have what in store. We know you want to talk about the field -- but also listen. So here's a good 50-minute conversation on what the selection committee gave us, our 2013 Field of 68. Jeff Borzello and I get totally geeked-out over the games. Not only do we get to all the games and our picks, we touch just briefly on the committee's job overall and a few snippets from the weekend.
Man, it always comes up so fast. And the games will be here before you know it. It's the perfect place-setter for a week of podcasts that we're sure you'll very much enjoy.
Rundown of every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday game:
- From the beginning: Bracket talk, how it used to be and how we enjoy it now.
- 4:30: First Four.
- 9:15: The first window of Thursday games, led by Butler-Bucknell talk.
- 12:40: Late-afternoon window for Thursday, led by Borzello and I both picking Memphis -- to lose.
- 17:00: Dinnertime Thursday window, leading with Arizona-Belmont talk. We both have the Bruins.
- 21:30: Late-night Thursday quadrant. The standout game is Colorado State -Missouri.
- 25:15: The early Friday games, led by the Marshall Henderson Show taking Wisconsin.
- 30:30: Just a quick aside to discuss the selection committee's choices and how most people who picked the field, at worst, got one team wrong.
- 33:45: Second Friday window has emphasis on ... well ... three games. I think this is the best window of the eight.
- 36:00: Friday night, 7 p.m. ET window. We like UNC-Villanova most but have warnings for the two No. 2 seeds that have tips here.
- 39:30: The final window, late Friday, with UCLA-Minnesota being the last Round of 64 game.
- 42:40: We sprint through the rest of our bracket picks. Our biggest upsets, Elite Eights, Final Four and title picks. Other recaps on the bracket and a quick talk of how great it was to be at MSG this weekend. It's all moving so fast. This podcast was a buh-reeze.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
The big event will circulate through NYC, Indy and Chicago
The Privateers do their part to help Louisiana after its historic rainfall and floodings
Swofford is unwilling to make any "premature" decisions concerning North Carolina's controversial...
The national champion coach could eventually decide to embark on a new challenge
The top four vote-getters have all won national titles within the past eight seasons
Cooley will have a two-month rehab, but should be OK in time for the start of the season