Pod: Jay Bilas on Ware's injury and how this Final Four came to form
There's still a lot to discuss, and we lead with Kevin Ware's injury before talking Louisville, Wichita State, Indiana, Syracuse, Marquette, KU, Florida and, of course, Michigan. We've got a five-day wait until the final games begin, so hopefully this helps with your hoops fix before the apex arrives.
No April Fools' here: The podcast is ready for you, and we can't wait for you to listen to Jay Bilas go over the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games that ... actually ... didn't offer up too much. If not for three factors -- Kevin Ware's injury, Wichita State making the Final Four and Michigan's big-time comeback against Kansas -- this would have been a really boring second weekend.
But there's still a lot to discuss, and we lead with the Ware injury before talking Louisville, Wichita State, Indiana, Syracuse, Marquette, Kansas, Florida and, of course, Michigan. We've got a five-day wait until the final games begin, so hopefully this helps with your hoops fix before the apex arrives.
- From the beginning: Sort of a letdown of a second weekend, yes?
- 2:40: The Ware injury. Here's the photo of his teammates that I was talking about.
- 8:00: Louisville's dominance and why we think they'll stroll to a title. They're not as good as UK last year or those recent UNC teams, but this feels like it's been determined, right?
- 12:00: Wichita State's run and why we should be more impressed. But probably not surprised, actually.
- 18:00: Syracuse talk, including the way they shut down Indiana and why this team doesn't feel Final Four-good despite getting there.
- 23:10: Michigan, of course, and we'll go over that Kansas comeback. Then look at why they're built for this bracket.
- 30:10: Burke as the best player in the sport.
- 31:30: Final Four picks.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
The big event will circulate through NYC, Indy and Chicago
The Privateers do their part to help Louisiana after its historic rainfall and floodings
Swofford is unwilling to make any "premature" decisions concerning North Carolina's controversial...
The national champion coach could eventually decide to embark on a new challenge
The top four vote-getters have all won national titles within the past eight seasons
Cooley will have a two-month rehab, but should be OK in time for the start of the season