Podcast: Just when you think the NCAA can't get any dumber ...
Oh, it's another Wednesday show. And this one's pretty informative but also one of the shorter ones we'll have this season. Blame Parrish, for he's the guy in New York who had places to be and people to see early Wednesday morning. But we do squeeze in a 30-minute convo on Miami, the NCAA, IU-MSU, Florida, more. Brisk pod. Fun pod, with some extended commentary on the NCAA/Miami mess.
|Miami is a projected No. 1 seed, but will the Notice of Allegations distract the Hurricanes? (USATSI)|
Oh, it's another Wednesday show. And this one's pretty informative but also one of the shorter ones that we'll have this season. Blame Gary Parrish, for he's the guy in New York who had places to be and people to see early Wednesday morning. But we do squeeze in a 30-minute convo on Miami, the NCAA, Indiana, Michigan State, Florida and Syracuse's sold-out final regular-season home game against Georgetown this weekend. Brisk pod. Fun pod. Boom-boom-boom pod, with some extended commentary on the NCAA/Miami mess that entered its next phase -- before anyone expected it -- with the Notice of Allegations handed out Tuesday night.
- From the beginning: We are on a time squeeze this week, so no funny business. IU-Michigan State. Off we go.
- 5:50: Where's Gary going this weekend, a place he's never been to before?
- 7:35: Miami, and we're not talking about hoops just yet. Incredulous reaction from both about what the NCAA did Tuesday night.
- 20:00: Will Mark Emmert step down in the near future, and what realistic punishment is Haith facing now that he's not been hit with unethical conduct?
- 21:40: OK, now we can talk about Miami hoops.
- 25:20: Mizzou beat Florida, and it's more about Florida, right? And who would you take on a neutral tonight: the Canes or the Gators?
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
Our Latest Stories
North Carolina's point guard is dinged up with injuries to both ankles
The freshman point guard is a projected top-10 pick
SportsLine's computer ran over 10,000 simulations, and came up with a winner you might not...
Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander also spent time on Kansas and Kentucky
The former Duke star trolled Kentucky after their last-second loss to UNC
Here's how you can watch both of Saturday's Final Four games