Wakeup Call: How Nike landed Jabari Parker's trust -- and feet
An assortment of hoops links to get your Tuesday off to the right start.
Check out this video on Arizona's Solomon Hill, then have at it with the links.
Around the World
As someone who absolutely loves what he does and has never felt more productive than since I joined this company, I agree. || "Micro-continent" found? Cool! || Thom Yorke talks to Esquire. || Woman who murdered her child at 21 confessed to the crime ... 57 years later. || Man abandons plan to become first human to traverse all of Antarctica upon learning it gets a bit nippy down there.
- Have you checked out our blind resume feature yet? We've got so many March tools for you to waste time with. You're quite welcome.
- I never fully trusted Villanova, and last night was something of a dirk to the Wildcats' NCAA tourney hopes.
- Kentucky won't wait for the 20-year anniversary to hand out another set of rings to that epic 1996 team.
- I haven't linked it enough this year, but I've enjoyed my Monday-night reads of Myron Medcalf's weekly hoop-lover's look at the game.
- Gottlieb wrote a novella with his latest hoop thoughts. The man just sits down at his laptop and unloads. You can tell. More hoop lover-type material there.
- Brent Musberger is as unapologetic and rascally as he's ever been.
- We've heard rumblings about this before. It very well may happen, which would be too bad but also apropos.
- I'm generally for coaches saying "no Twitter" during the season, but I think a lot of coaches these days don't want to scare recruits with that kind of approach as well.
- "How Nike scored exclusive rights to Jabari Parker's feet." You know you're reading.
- Scott Gleeson gets a good peek and good quips on the hottest team in hoops.
- Like, you figure you can't possibly take or read another story that points or puts the NCAA in such a harsh light. But then another comes off the belt.
- And stuff like that, on top of the big stuff, is what leads national columnists to ask for a defenestration of the NCAA.
- This is fun and should be done again when the bracket's 68 teams are released fo' real.
- Which officials have worked the most games in the most states so far this season?
- Video of a JuCo fracas that led to a school president breaking rules for posting bail money.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» It's the recently unearthed clip of Bill Russell at San Francisco that's getting some good run. Hell of a play. Try to picture any center in college doing this today.
Why didn't Franz Ferdinand get a lot bigger? This band is seriously one of the best alternapop acts of the past decade. I'm gonna just assume they were/are still insanely hip in Europe. Turn on Franz at a party and no one's asking you to skip to the next song.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.
The big event will circulate through NYC, Indy and Chicago
The Privateers do their part to help Louisiana after its historic rainfall and floodings
Swofford is unwilling to make any "premature" decisions concerning North Carolina's controversial...
The national champion coach could eventually decide to embark on a new challenge
The top four vote-getters have all won national titles within the past eight seasons
Cooley will have a two-month rehab, but should be OK in time for the start of the season