Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde will not be charged for alleged assault
The Buckeyes running back had been accused of assaulting a woman at a bar.
According to a release from the Columbus Police Department on Tuesday, the investigation has been closed because the alleged victim does not want to press charges against Hyde.
Hyde had been suspended indefinitely by the Buckeyes after he was accused of assaulting a woman at a Sugar Bar 2, a Columbus night club. However, the day after Hyde's suspension was announced a report from Yahoo Sports said that surveillance footage from the nightclub showed that Hyde did not strike the alleged victim.
When announcing Hyde's suspension Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said Hyde would be suspended from all team activities "pending the outcome of the student code of conduct and criminal investigations." It remains to be seen what, if any punishment, Hyde will have to serve now that the investigation has been closed.
Hyde rushed for 970 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Buckeyes last season, and is expected to start for the Buckeyes again in 2013.
Quarterback Davis Webb looked fine in his debut, but Cal still has notable holes on defens...
Thomas Sirk has injured his Achilles tendon three times since 2013
This play by Malik Jefferson will be tough to top by any player this season
Chad Hansen's 17-yard touchdown catch came with a nod to Australian rules football
Let's just say Hawaii's attempted onside kick to start the season did not go well
Les Miles nearly lost his job last season and might need to win the SEC West to keep it this...