|Yes, we couldn't help but pick Kentucky to win it all. (Getty Images)|
I know -- I wanted to get this podcast to you as fast and as much as you wanted it ready this morning. But work of the writing variety beckoned. Finally, the pod is here. Borzello is on. It's 42 minutes of unadulterated bracket talk. Myths, superstitions, misguided attempts to do our best in picking the bracket.
But the pod is not only our picks. It's a conversation about the nature of this year's bracket, too.
- From the beginning: The games are great. Let's start with the storylines, including the one every wants to see by Saturday.
- 4:15: Iona getting in, Marquette being unfairly slotted with at-larges on the 3 line.
- 6:20: Talking the teams, 1-68, and not the way the NCAA decided it
- 7:29: These 8/9s ... I don't know, guys, I'm just not feeling it.
- 9:10: Borzello and I get into our picks, and it starts with us agreeing with Belmont beating Georgetown.
- 11:29: Borzello can't help but leap onto the N.C. State bandwagon.
- 13:52: The upsets we didn't have the guts to take.
- 17:30: What on Earth am I doing picking against Tom Izzo in the Round of 32?
- 19:05: An aspect to picking the early-round games that's often overlooked. And it has nothing to do with basketball.
- 24:05: We get into our methodology behind some of our picks. We bash Goodman's picks behind his back, too.
- 28:10: The picks we have our doubts on. We know we're going to mess up all over the place. At least we can accept it.
- 34:02: Of all the 1/16 and 2/15s, the game we think has the best chance of being close with two minutes to go.
- 36:08: Why we came to our conclusions on each Final Four team, plus our champion, which is of course Kentucky.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to listen to the podcast -- whenever you can. I ask that you, if you like what we're doing here, encourage like-minded hoopheads to subscribe in Tunes as well. Guests like Jay Bilas, Seth Davis, they're the guys who make me sound better and make the podcast worthwhile. The other guys? Gary Parrish and Jeff Goodman, they really make it entertaining, and of course you can count on our trio show each Wednesday.