|Louisville wins out on the ACC expansion lottery, primarily because of its decent football program. (Getty Images)|
'Round and 'round that realignment carousel goes. Wednesday morning brought the news that the ACC would replace Maryland by poaching Louisville from the Big East. Almost all the remaining big Big East schools wanted to get in on the ACC, but it's the Cardinals, who have the best football program, who got the nab. It's Wednesday, so I'm bringing back Jeff Goodman and Gary Parrish to mock the process but also give credit to the ACC for not only staying alive, but improving its situation. As for actual games? We've got that covered, too.
- From the beginning: All the realignment chatter we have to get to. Louisville, ACC, Big East, UConn and Cinci getting shut out. The hilariousness and randomness of the Big East landing Tulane. It's a fluid convo, so I'm time-stamping it all for here.
- 13:18: How about that Indiana beatdown on UNC Tuesday night? Said plenty we already knew about the Hoosiers, but UNC's showing more and more that it won't contend for the ACC title.
- 18:00: Duke plays Wednesday night against Ohio State. Parrish will be there. Goodman just saw Duke play three times in the Bahamas. What I'm saying is, we've got Duke talk to get to -- after Goodman complains about the sun blocking out his good vibes while riding the lazy river. What? Just listen.
- 25:00: NC State, by the way, not been all so sweet so far. We're monitoring.
- 25:45: I love Michigan. Man-crush levels approaching.
- 27:15: Creighton and Michigan are the two most-fun teams to watch in hoops.
- 28:45: Goodman had to squeeze out of here because his wash was calling him. He had to get to the laundromat. We can't ever seem to record one of these things without trivial matters addressed, which is how we know you want it.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.