|Two years ago OSU was the last unbeaten left. On Sunday, the Buckeyes topped Michigan to end all unbeatens. (US Presswire)|
We know you love arguing about who's in the top spot, and we respect that, but ultimately the argument adds up to nothing. That point, plus plenty of others from a stacked weekend on Monday's podcast.
With Duke falling at NC State and Michigan falling at Ohio State, college basketball is without any undefeated teams. NBCSports.com's Rob Dauster is on to recap a pretty thorough weekend of hoops, including Kentucky's startling home loss to Texas A&M, UCLA's surge -- which he and I remain cautious about -- and why the Big Ten should end up as a toss-up when Michigan and Indiana play on the last day of the regular season. Plus: nostalgia over Big Monday, which begins tonight, Jan. 14, and will be the last true season of Big Monday as we know it.
Topics on a Monday:
- From the beginning: Here's why Rob and I don't make much out of the frenzy over who should be No. 1. Fans being obsessed with this has never clicked with me. If you're ranked third, guess what? You're still pretty awesome.
- 5:10: On Michigan and Duke falling. Did you realize college hoops not having any unbeatens left at this point in the season isn't common?
- 10:40: Kentucky's loss at home to Texas A&M could use some discussion.
- 17:05: Have to address the court storm/roll in NC State. It's already quite clearly going to be one of the indelible moments from this season. At right is the GIF from New Girl that I reference.
- 20:40: Giving UCLA the credit it deserves, maybe even tossing it into the discussion to win the Pac-12, but all the while still holding reservations. It's not a top-15 yet, no way.
- 25:10: Minnesota, it's not that you looked bad, it's that Indiana looked so good on Saturday. And then you came back and gave us hope and proof that you belong in the discussion of the nation's 15 best teams.
- 28:30: Some nostalgia over Big Monday, as Rob and I both credit it with a huge part of why we grew into loving the sport so much. Louisville at UConn and Baylor at Kansas tonight. We touch on those games.
- 34:50: Closing up shop, Rob shares a few thoughts on why he's loving this season so far -- a convincing case -- and can't we gush once more over Jamaal Franklin? The answer is yes. Yes, we can.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.