|Saturday's slate of games is so good, punctuated by Gonzaga-Butler at 9 p.m. (US Presswire)|
While Manti Te'o's fake dead girlfriend and Lance Armstrong's real lies occupied most of the sports news this week, college basketball was busy getting better and better. ESPN.com's Eamonn Brennan comes back on the podcast to chitchat about a number of random hoops topics. This really is an audio buffet of basketball, an assortment of points that cover a wide range of teams, players, trends and the best of what's to come: Saturday's games. Have you seen the schedule? It's loaded, the best single-day slate we've had so far this season. Enjoy the podcast, then enjoy the games.
Here's what we have:
- From the beginning: Plenty of hoop to get to, but boy oh boy are we glad the Te'o story didn't happen to like Cody Zeller or Shabazz Muhammad.
- 5:30: Looking back on the week and what's stood out in what was a fairly thrilling week of basketball across the country.
- 9:00: A little Atlantic 10 talk.
- 12:40: Pittsburgh as a top-10 team? That's not the case at all, yet the Panthers continue to win over the computers.
- 16:00: A bit more on Marshall Henderson and Ole Miss. This is the background.
- 20:20: And on to the weekend's games. There are a lot of good ones, all of them on Saturday. So I'll just leave this tease here and ask you to listen to all the good ones we touch on.
- 29:40: Wrapping up the podcast here, talking a little bit of music and my plea to a band I'm seeing Friday night to play a specific song.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.