|New Jersey governor Chris Christie was in South Bend, Ind., to accept a charity check for hurricane relief. (US Presswire)|
I'm still humming from what a wild weekend that was in sports. I think we all needed it. Now let's disperse some good reads.
Around the World
Sweet shot of Grand Central in this story of its impending 100-year anniversary. || Scientists take decades but finally discover thing in the universe so massive it is incomprehensible how large/long it is. || For the emo/acoustic blood-on-the-sleeve types, can I interest you in a recently unearthed Elliot Smith video? || If harrowing videos of people getting caught in avalanches but surviving is your thing, then hello. || A shirt that is a television.
- Rutgers' road game against Notre Dame over the weekend married hoops with charity, as ND got some good pub in by raising thousands for Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund.
- Dana O'Neil writes earnestly well in the immediacy of big moments. This was her column from Indianapolis early, early Sunday morning. (And if you missed Goodman's, his take here.)
- We have a new order that looks familiar at the top in the Top 25 (and one).
- Some of the quirky happenings in hoops you might not have noticed on Saturday.
- Over the weekend the NCAA did indeed eliminate a decent portion of its rulebook over the weekend. What's gone away and the impact of the overdue decision.
- I've made mention how Ole Miss' Marshall Henderson intrigues me. Wanted to point you to this recent, illuminating piece from a beat guy in Oxford who's gotten to know Henderson in recent months.
- Who was the latest coach to reach 100 wins on Saturday?
- Memphis beat Kentucky Sunday in a certain kind of championship tied to hoops.
- Good news regarding Florida State's Terrance Shannon, who went to the hospital over the weekend.
- In praise of Travis Releford. Yessur. Guy will have a big impact in another two or three key moments before his career is done.
- High school hoops content, but yeesh.
- We continue to look for reasons for why college basketball's scoring is getting lower and lower.
- I wound up jinxing another team this weekend after posting this, but Rush the Court details why the Cardinals' defense with Dieng could be historic.
- A few fellas -- sorry, bros -- are gearing up for an eight-day "broadtrip" and seeing a bunch of games, writing about the experience in the process. I've always wanted to do this. One day I will do this.
- Big Ten Geeks state, "Yogi Ferrell should not be starting" and go point by point in making their case.
- Rick Byrd and Belmont keep on Belmont'ing like Belmont usually Belmonts. New league matters little so far for this program.
- One of the best multi-sport athletes in college hoops plays at Richmond.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» Yeah, you want to watch it again. Only this time, hear how the hometown radio guys called Roosevelt Jones' shot.
Saw the news last week that superb chillband Phoenix, which makes some easily digestible pop tunes, is going to release a new album this year. That's sweet. Here's an older one with a good beat, "If I Ever Feel Better." Start your Monday with a bippity disco-lite beat.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.