Welcome to Friday, and boy does it feel good. We get a reprieve from the craziness for a night, but recharge your battery and buckle in for a big weekend. And if you're like me and in the path of this massive snowstorm, stay safe, warm, fed and break out some Trivial Pursuit with friends who care.
Around the World
What began as a senseless murder tied to women's college basketball is now national news. || You know, I blog a little Olympics on the side, and we're now less than a year away from the Winter Games. || Just a miserable Monopoly choice. || Good God, go to the 1:50 mark. || We're getting closer and closer to pinning down the exact era when the dinosaurs were done in.
- This column from Goodman is especially nougaty and fulfilling.
- A similarly enjoyable smorgasbord column, this one from Seth Davis.
- Sing it, Myron.
- Incredible GIF that was passed about on Thursday night and one that we should all be using for the rest of this ridiculous season.
- A significant milestone was set Thursday night.
- The Summit League is losing a team to the WAC.
- Very good take from Ryan Fagan. He wrote me into agreeing with him by column's end.
- A review of the recruiting classes for this year, and how they compare to those of recent years. Good research here!
- Johnny Dee. I'm telling you, get to know the name now, because he'll be a star next season.
- The Runnin' Rebels need to listen to some Doobie Brothers and remember what keeps them running.
- I am late on this. But if you've got time to kill this weekend, do read this well-written profile of one coach's journey to his first 100 wins.
- The Barry-Larkin-is-Shane-Larkin's-dad storyline will be totally exhausted by the time that Miami is a No. 3 seed in this year's NCAAs.
- Who are the best point guards in the Horizon League?
- I wasn't the only one who talked to Nate Wolters on Thursday night.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» The only bummer about this movie trailer is I know I won't be able to watch the thing until well after the NCAA tournament is over.
This one popped up on my Pandora on Thursday. Never heard of the band or the song before, but it sure sounded good as I cleaned up my kitchen. The band is Ringside, and the song is "Struggle," and I guess it's a few years old. Get ready to bop.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.