|Good things ahead for Minnesota and Trevor Mbakwe, or has October been an omen? (US Presswire)|
ESPN.com lead college hoops blogger Eamonn Brennan is back on the podcast, and we're talking Big Ten, Indiana, Minnesota's stupidity, UCLA's anxiety and my pathetic attempt at remaining cool. That comes first. In general, it's a look ahead to the season forthcoming with emphasis on recent news items in the past few days. Enjoy.
On the pod:
- From the beginning: Recapping our weekends. I had to give a best-man speech.
- 4:05: Talking Minnesota. Basically this and this <-- and how dumb is that? Just pitiful. We also expound on Minnesota hoops from a big-picture standpoint and try to see what is the realistic expectation this year and going forward for Gopher hoops.
- 11:55: Chane Behanan can't talk to the media for the rest of the fall semester. Why? We can't say, but is this the right tactic? Isn't it kind of a gift for Behanan?
- 14:45: Storylines and questions Eamonn has heading into this season.
- 19:10: Players who will be notable this year not only for getting better but for stepping back. I didn't hop in here with mine, but I'll go on record and predict Pierre Jackson to not live up to the hype in 2012-13.
- 22:00: Some Gonzaga musing.
- 26:50: Wrapping up with Indiana talk, which I'll try to limit for the most part for the rest of the preseason podcasts because they're the No. 1 and I don't want to run them into the ground. But Eamonn went to IU, so he has to stump, natch.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed to this dapper podcast via iTunes, please do so now.