|UCLA will have full use of its frosh class now. From left, Tony Parker, Kyle Anderson, Muhammad and Jordan Adams. (AP)|
One of the most valuable basketball minds at ESPN is Fran Fraschilla. The former coach has been out of the game and on TV for a decade now, and he makes his podcast debut for Monday's episode. There is plenty to discuss, from North Carolina to Shabazz Muhammad to Maryland/Rutgers maybe going to the Big Ten to Rick Majerus' forced retirement.
There's also a little pizza talk, some Wolters love and the possibility that Fraschilla could still return to coaching.
- From the beginning: Nice-to-meet yas and the whatnot. I love how he did this podcast while going to grab a pie. Fran is the best.
- 3:20: So -- is Fran definitely done coaching for good? He doesn't close the door.
- 5:12: To me, the North Carolina story was the biggest and most important one of the weekend, even more than the realignment news, which will carry more weight heading into this week.
- 11:30: Fran's perspective on keeping an eye on players' academic performance. He gives a great example.
- 15:05: The Shabazz case. He's freed. But what about the NCAA's quick change of heart? Why did this case have such a different feel to it than any other high-profile recruit?
- 20:30: Regrettably, we have to touch on realignment and the possibility that Maryland and Rutgers vote to leave their leagues this week.
- 24:30: This broke just before dinnertime on Friday, Rick Majerus not returning to Saint Louis. I wanted to give a few minutes here to the man and ask Fran to cite some examples of who he is and why he was so good.
- 29:15: Wrap up things here, some Big Monday talk and way too much glad-handing than what this pod is used to.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.