|Shabazz Muhammad sums up UCLA's weekend in one play. (US Presswire)|
A horrific UCLA loss, trouble in Memphis and uncertainty in plenty of other places. The extended holiday weekend gave us a lot of basketball to digest, plenty of it not ... good. But on the flip side, teams like Creighton, Gonzaga and Duke showed us why we thought they'd be this good. NBCSports.com college hoops writer Rob Dauster joins me to pore over everything, talk beards, hoop nicknames and the forthcoming ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- From the beginning: Thanksgiving stories. I know you're dying to hear the follow-up to Norlander Turkey Bowl 16, how it came down to the final minute. Wait no more.
- 5:30: UCLA is a messy mess messpile.
- 9:45: Duke won the Battle 4 Atlantis and now gets to be so hated again. Sweet.
- 12:25: Memphis fans are freaking out much more than UCLA fans right now, but they probably shouldn't be.
- 15:30: Villanova's the team not getting enough flak for its lousy start to the season.
- 20:00: Kentucky/Harrow. Will Ryan Harrow be good enough this season, now that he's back with the team?
- 22:20: Creighton vs. Gonzaga vs. VCU. Which of these three are the best? Love 'em all.
- 26:30: Baylor's gonna be Baylor, I guess. If you want warning signs, it's full of them right now.
- 30:25: Looking ahead to the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, the games we're looking forward to and the ones we wish were aligned.
- 34:30: Wrap-up, including mention of my Novembeard and the college hoops player who desperately needs a nickname.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.