|Michael Dixon has yet to play a game this season after his indefinite suspension came in October. (US Presswire)|
Dixon was suspended before the start of the season after sexual assault allegations came to light over an alleged incident on Aug. 20 with a Missouri sophomore. On Nov. 16, a final examination of the allegations by local police determined there was not enough evidence to warrant charges being filed against Dixon.
|More on college basketball|
|More college basketball coverage|
On Thursday night, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported a second, separate allegation of rape had been filed against Dixon, that one from 2010. That report also turned up no charges against Dixon. Details from that story:
The alleged victim declined to press charges out of what she said was fear of retaliation and being ostracized by family. But a nurse who examined the woman said afterward that from the injuries sustained she “believes force was involved,” according to the report.
Speaking in broad terms not specific to the Dixon case, MU news bureau executive director Mary Jo Banken on Thursday said, “When a case is brought before the Student Conduct Committee, any previous accusations against the same student can be taken into account and may affect the final decision.
Rivals.com reported that Dixon's suspension stems from a ruling against him in a Student Conduct Committee on Nov. 16. The case has a similarity to that of Maryland transfer Dezmine Wells, who was forced to leave Xavier this past offseason following sexual assault allegations that could not be proven.
Despite the fact that local authorities are taking no action against Dixon, the University of Missouri's student conduct rules and legal board, including school Chancellor Brady Deaton, are acting on the information available. To be clear, Dixon is yet to be charged with violating any state laws in regard to either allegation.
Dixon can transfer immediately to any school able to take him and would not be forced to sit a year under current NCAA rules.