|Florida's dominating W over Marquette dovetailed with UK's big loss at Notre Dame. Gators are SEC's best? (US Presswire)|
We really going to start panicking about Kentucky? Maybe we won't, but some Kentucky fans have. We were warned this might happen, by John Calipari, no less, so let's talk about it. CBS Sports/Sports Illustrated analyst Seth Davis makes his 2012-13 season debut on the pod, talking UK, Duke, Michael Dixon's departure from Missouri and UCLA. And apparently the man has Barry Manilow in his playlist shuffle for workouts. If you don't already, follow Seth on Twitter and be sure to check out his weekly Hoop Thoughts column.
- From the beginning: Whereby we both cop to listening to Broadway musicals and there's nothing wrong that. Hey, if you own the music, own your music. Unless it's Barry Manilow. Seth, what's going on with that?
- 3:10: Moving on to Kentucky's demoralizing loss at Notre Dame. Nobody said it was easy, and now I've actually dropped a Coldplay reference in. Send help immediately.
- 10:40: Florida's now going to take the mantle of SEC's best. How long is that going to last? Gators are displaying trends we haven't seen since they won back-to-back titles.
- 13:40: Missouri's got a mess on its hands that is overshadowed by UCLA, featured later in the pod, but what's it going to do to replace Michael Dixon, who never even played in a game this year? And what does Seth make of the Dixon case, which brought two allegations of sexual assault but no charges.
- 19:30: Duke looks good. Mason Plumlee has done something maybe unprecedented for a big-conference big man in college hoops history. But there's a lingering issue that could hamper K's team.
- 27:05: We end with UCLA, a program in dire straits, to say the least. Everything you think we could discuss, we do.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.