|Kevin Ollie has garnered a lot of fan support but has yet to earn a long-term deal with UConn. What gives? (US Presswire)|
We're always willing to do the podcast whenever, wherever, just for you. Today's episode was recorded after 1 a.m. in an empty Madison Square Garden. The Wednesday troika talks the delicate UConn situation, the inability of Kentucky to win it all, Rick Majerus' Hall of Fame chances, Rick Barnes' security at Texas and N.C. State's overrated nature.
- From the beginning: The niceties out of the way, then on to discussing the overrated North Carolina State Wolfpack.
- 3:30: The more I think about it, the more surprising and random it seems that Kentucky is actually ranked outside the Top 25. Gottlieb said on Monday's show the Wildcats can't win it all. What do these two jesters think? The convo morphs into a debate over Calipari's recruiting, which I thought was interesting.
- 11:00: The Myck Kabongo situation is a debacle for the NCAA as far as I'm concerned. Still no word on his suspension? When will we know, and more importantly, how dumb is it to punish a guy for working out for the draft? Stupid rule.
- 17:15: UConn, Kevin Ollie, Jim Calhoun, etc. This one brings about one of the more heated, genuine debates between Goodman and Parrish we've ever had on the podcast.
- 24:10: Had to let these two get in their final takes on Majerus' legacy. Both bring up some pretty serious points here, and I'm sure you might have Majerus fatigue, but I'd really recommend this segment. Then we examine the man's chances at the Hall of Fame.
- 32:25: Wrapping things up, let's just mock my wardrobe because Goodman went Goodman. Goodman!
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.