|It's not all Big East. The podcast also asks if Coach K is ready to retire with an unbreakable record. (US Presswire)|
New headlines and more decisions regarding the future of the demolished Big East are coming in by the hour. But the biggest piece of news is the Catholic 7's decision to detach from the league and start its own conference. How can that happen? When will it happen? This pod dives deep into that, but SI.com's Andy Glockner joins the show to talk other topics, too. We just can't stick to realignment, purely. So how about the odds that Coach K retires with an unbreakable record? And what are Andy's biggest impressions of the season, now that we're more than a month in?
- From the beginning: Did you know I used to listen to Glockner way back before I ever got a writing gig?
- 2:30: Let's get to the Big East talk and the latest news/speculation.
- 7:30: There's one beneficiary from this I haven't heard many people bring up.
- 10:40: Look who keeps getting screwed by this despite a record that should've proved otherwise.
- 12:50: The fact and pragmatism with a lot of the money, the lawsuits, the timeline for the fallout.
- 16:15: Who should the Catholic 7 target in its new league? Great stat dropped by Andy here.
- 20:15: The record that Coach K will probably retire with and not have broken for decades, if ever.
- 25:30: Andy wrote this recently, did a good job with the approach, and he's right on the money, so I wanted to address it.
- 28:40: Thoughts on the Big Ten, ACC, Florida musings. Oh, and Andy's gonna share a hotel room with Goodman over the weekend. I'm guessing much soccer will be watched between the both of them.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.