|Boeheim gets wind of this podcast post title and reacts as you'd expect. He'll pass Bob Knight with three more Ws. (AP)|
With Jim Boeheim notching win No. 900 this week, we have to look back on his career and see where he stands among the all-time greats. There's a good horde that sees Boeheim and Syracuse as overrated. Doug Gottlieb said as much this week. Interesting, though, but I disagree. What about Jeff Goodman and Gary Parrish? It's Wednesday, so they're back on. Beyond Boeheim, we've got a whole bunch to talk about. Whereas a lot of the Wednesday pods can meander, and I love when they do, this one's got a tighter focus in its quick hits on a few teams and stories.
And then Parrish wraps it up by wondering how he can top a man who just bought his wife a Mercedes for Christmas.
- From the beginning: Cool. So Parrish is losing his voice, Goodman's got people building things in house. But no realignment talk, we promise! We start the Boeheim debate right off the top.
- 7:30: Boeheim and K and who will end up with more wins.
- 11:30: Cincinnati-Xavier rekindles the rivalry Wednesday night.
- 14:30: Indiana-Butler chatter.
- 19:20: We're really already thinking Miami's the second-best team in the ACC? This is why the ACC can't have nice things.
- 21:30: Does it feel like this season, through six weeks, has something of a lurch to it?
- 24:05: Arizona-Florida. Goodman was there. Arizona won, but are the Wildcats really a top-five team?
- 25:45: Memphis. Of course: Memphis. Allow Parrish to fill you in on the latest, including what I find to be the stat of the week in college hoops.
- 31:25: Wrap-up includes our holiday wishes and Parrish's laments that he's bound to fail as a husband this Christmas.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.