|Meanwhile, a high-schooler of a different cloth: Jabari Parker picks his college later on Thursday. (US Presswire)|
You'll notice I've tweaked the format here. Hope ya like it. Hey, it's almost the New Year; we're all rearranging things here or there in our lives. Enjoy your Thursday presents.
Around the World
A 50-song mashup of 2012's biggest pop hits. I ID'd maybe 20 percent of them. || My latest offering of year-end photo galleries. A great way to kill four minutes. || The things you'll never get/buy for Christmas again. If only our children realized how good we had it. I estimate I owned half of what's on that list. || This Hollywood Height Chart is captivating, and yet I want more. Let's go all the way up the tall trees. || I link a few longform pieces per week in this space. In the mood for another? Here are the top 10 by most-clicked in 2012. || I come here asking you how a horse ends up in a pool.
- The nation's No. 2 player in the 2013 class will announce his college choice this afternoon. Borzello says it should be Duke.
- Couple of us CBS guys get called out in this cute, irked Jim Boeheim meme.
- There is another investigation taking place in the Syracuse athletic offices right now.
- James Naismith's Rules of Basketball, ranked, if you're into that thing.
- "The value of a blocked shot depends on what happens after it occurs."
- Purdue goes out and does some good deeds in the style of holiday shopping.
- If there was one player I was rooting for to not face an injury this season.
- You've seen Michigan play this year, yeah? Fun team. A lot of fun, in fact. I'm slowly thinking Final Four. But here's a lot of the how the Wolverines are doing it.
- The latest on the money situation for the Catholic 7. Looks like they could make out well.
- If anything, I give Susan Herbst credit for consistently being transparent and not hiding from questions.
- Reminder: the MAAC poached two teams from the NEC, may get another, so what's that league thinking right now?
- I told you I wouldn't just link Luke Winn's Power Rankings out of habit every week, but this time I couldn't help myself.
- Eric Adelson has become one of my go-to writers in the past year. Good stuff here on Pat Kelsey's speech from Tuesday night.
- Me? I'm enjoying Pitt and expect things to get better heading into January.
- The reason why I'm loving being a college hoops writer and fanboy in this era is all the niche information on teams other people are taking the time to find out and share.
- Like I've said, Ohio's got probs.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» Kid is less than 5 feet tall and is balling with the high school boys. Waaaat. I'm intensely jealous, considering I was TOTALLY JOBBED and let go from my JV team after being told I made the squad initially. (It's a long story, and if you let me tell you it, I will sometime.)
Have made a point of sharing some holiday tunes over the past nine days, picking out mostly songs that don't have mainstream appeal. This one is really a hidden gem. The Magnetic Fields' "Everything is One Big Christmas Tree" was on a random Christmas mix a friend of mine had a few years back. Something about it instantly made it a classic in my car.