A hearty hat tip to the SB Nation busy bees for always being on the ball when it comes to GIFs. This one's a keeper. As always, you can email or tweet me links as well. I welcome the help! Matt.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Around the World
A reason to dream: "Blogger makes $333,000 online in a day." || The best-headline-of-2013 contest is off to a rousing start. || Superman spotted flying along the California coast. Creative people rock. || "How blind people use Instagram." || How rich/poor/average is the area you live in? How about your parents? Your best friend from high school? Lose yourself in this.
- The next phase of Del Big East Vista will continue on this morning/afternoon.
- Not to be outdone, the Catholic 7 are also meeting and super excited about it. This is all feeling very The CW right now.
- Tad Boyle, on the heels of that unfair ending for his Buffs last night, wants to eliminate replay reviews. Love your coaching, Tad, but this is of course a silly idea and will have no merit going forward.
- Yesterday's Wakeup Call had the title "Another rivalry comes to an end." I was referring to Memphis and Tennessee. But now that's apparently not the case, and the Tigers' AD is embarrassing himself and his coach left and right.
- In case you missed it, Joe Biden be tweetin' hoops stars.
- Time for a beefy stock report. Who should we be buying, selling, holding?
- Gotta give a little love to CBS Sports Net's Jon Rothstein's occasional dispatches on hoops.
- We've mentioned it on the blog before, but it's only getting better for former Rutgers star Quincy Duby overseas.
- Miami Hurricanes basketball has concocted a new plan to sell more tickets.
- In wake of a stroke, the Sutton family reaches out to express their appreciation for support.
- Good video from over the holiday break that we didn't get around to posting. So here!
- Turns out, the odds and signs show the NCAA is set to tangle itself even more when it comes to upcoming violation investigations.
- A really good examination here on the NCAA tournament and the trends/how/why they happen. Bookmark it for down the road.
- Quietly, this is how the Big East has continued to honor the victims of Sandy Hook.
- The Barclays Center continues to bring in more and more basketball attractions.
- Did you happen to see this bonkers out-of-bounds shot from a girls high school game?
- Very inspiring story here, a nice one to take into the weekend.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» In a case of interesting timing, Arizona Athletics sent out this top-10-plays-of-the-season-so-far video earlier this week. No play -- other than Nick Johnson's sick swat below -- has been as big as the officials waving off that Sabatino Chen 3 from Thursday night.
I haven't shared nearly enough hip-hop in the Wakeup Calls so far this season. Let's change that. Sure, I like the old-school stuff more than almost anything of the past 10 years, but I suppose that's natural for most of us with our music. So here's a classic from an all-time artist, one of the biggest underground rap stars in history: KRS-One's "Duck Down." Instrumental version. You can find the lyrical one here.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.