|It's Doug McDermott doing local weather. Dougie Swish always sees the rain in his future. (Via Seth Davis)|
Well, believe it or not, there are a lot of really interesting things out there for you to read this morning, and most of them don't have to do with Manti Te'o. So if that's what you're seeking, you've come to the right place.
Around the World
What a cool Beatles story that I never knew of. || OK, so one Te'o story that's quick and helps things. Nine of the craziest aspects to this web that has ensnared us all. || It's time to start mapping out which albums are worth keeping on your radar in the upcoming months. || Spiders will eventually inherit the earth, and here's the latest proof. || Cool photo idea: take pictures of rooms in houses -- from the ceiling.
- Guess. Guess how many times that Louisville has been ranked in the AP Poll at No. 1 during the middle of a season. Guess.
- The new head of the NCAA selection committee is switching jobs. Not that one, his other one.
- Jeeeez. Look at the difference in what schools are spending on athletes compared to non-athletes. It's why the don't-pay-the-players crowd has a heavy point whenever the topic is broached.
- Strategically, how Butler has/will have to adjust without Rotnei Clarke in the meantime.
- Glenn Logan, a Kentucky writer who for years has been delivering the goods at A Sea of Blue, wants to know if UK should be considered a flop among flops.
- Luke Winn's latest Power Rankings. You know what to do.
- I can't feel sorry for any man who's paid more than a million dollars to be on his merry way.
- "Increase in court cases could impact NCAA image." Yes, I do believe that to be true. And I believe big news will be frequent and expected in this realm over the next decade.
- Tom Crean is a competitive guy who doesn't stick around for long when his team loses close ones.
- Really well-rounded thoughts here by Blogger So Dear on the question of culture in coaching and how Kevin O'Neill's situation can permeate in other places.
- When Will Leitch takes the time to write hoops, it's getting linked in the Call.
- Check Wednesday's Wakeup Call, and you'll find a good case made in defense of Rick Barnes. Here's a crafty retort by a site that knows its Texas hoops.
- Below, a video on Wisconsin. In this sentence, evaluation into how Bo goes Bo and beats up in Indiana.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» We're forced to go with back-to-back Wisconsin videos in this spot, because a good locker-room celebration video is always worth a peek. Following winning at Indiana, here's how the Badgers celebrated.
Here's a group that I just got into. Called Sea Wolf, and this one's "You're a Wolf." I don't feel like a wolf when I listen to this. It's kind of just good music to listen to in the midday. Give it a shot. Band's got a consistent sound to them, but they still feel like they could crack their shell.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.