Sweet little commercial here, and Tom Crean steals the show. Quite a feat to take that away from Raftery. You know Brad Stevens is sneaky funny the same way, say, Tiger Woods is. He just never shows it publicly.
Around the World
There was a plane crash in my old town on Tuesday night, and the parachute from the wreckage literally was laying in a friend of mine's yard. Fortunately, all passengers survived. || The Chappelle's Show-sketch tournament on Grantland is one of the five best things to come from the site so far. || Don't you hate it when burning cheese alters your driving route? || Interesting story about a man returning to the scene of a race that he has no recollection of. || If you've wanted to know what it would look like to have a tiger's fangs bearing down on you, click!
- Our Player of the Year race's latest listing, which went live before Tuesday night's games.
- The NCAA, which stands to lose hundreds of millions, will no doubt take this news as a victory. How big remains to be seen.
- In other NCAA news, the cream cheese can now be spread far and wide! Say it with me: victorryyyyy!!
- And now it's looking less and less likely that New Jersey will have gambling legal in time for the NCAA tournament.
- We're coming up on the 25th anniversary of "Send it in, Jerome!" and one of the great facts related to that play: Arizona's Sean Miller threw the pass to Jerome Lane. Here's audio of Miller talking about the legacy of that moment.
- Really good look at why shots close to the basket are tougher and not as reliable as you might think.
- A 22-year-old recent D-I hoops player was just levied with a 15-year jail sentence.
- Rumor has it that more uniforms that aren't that good will be coming to a court near you in the near future.
- This is how you know it's not your year.
- Sam Mellinger writes on the collateral damage that Missouri has become in wake of the possible punishments headed Frank Haith's way.
- And if said punishments do come to Haith, the silver lining in all of that is lined out by the sage of all NCAA understanding, John Infante.
- On the heels of that Kentucky loss to Alabama on Tuesday night, a column on why John Calipari and Nick Saban should be companions.
- The national love affair with Michael Carter-Williams' NBA prospects will likely only grow in the coming weeks.
- Times were good and expectations high for NC State fans before Tuesday night's ugly loss at Wake. Now this game takes on new meaning.
- On Tuesday, I linked to the news of Thad Matta earning a seven-year deal. Since OSU is a state school, we now know more details of the contract.
- Divisional names that make so much sense it's hard to believe this isn't one big joke.
- "I'm not a fan," he said. "I miss that sometimes." Which coach said it?
Moving Pictures and Music
Get a bump to your hump day's start. Grouplove is a new band with a lot of promise. This one's a bit of an ear worm, so let it dig in. I warn you, though, after the kind-of soft start, the chorus arrives with plenty of carnival. Enjoy.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.