I have to give it up to Borzello, who pinch-hit WC duties last Thursday and Friday. Good job, buddy. But the people have spoken and asked me to return I know you can't handle the load that is prepping this post five days a week. So I'm back, back again. Hey, hope you had fun with friends or family during one of the most interesting Super Bowls ever. But now that's over and we can all in earnest turn our attention to college hoops for the next two months. Much fun. So let's get a move on.
Around the World
Great shot of Beyonce from last night. || What the skies of our biggest cities would look like if pollution and light didn't obstruct the view. || LEGO riddles are awesome. Don't cheat yourself -- give them a real try. || BuzzFeed's 47 superb owls was a nice related-content link to gander prior to the 47th Super Bowl on Sunday. || Seldom-seen Beatles photos: in color. || The latest music icon to receive his own postage stamp.
- That's a sweet buzzer-beater.
- A trend I'd like to see catch on: student sections getting a hold of photos of sports information directors in their younger years. Louisville fans found Kenny Klein's. He looks like a member of Steely Dan.
- I was wondering if and when this shoe might drop.
- I've read The Mid-Majority since the beginning and am sad to see next season will be its last.
- Oddly, one team had to schedule a game during the Super Bowl. Here's why.
- A first? Player commits to school via Tumblr announcement. Creative, and judging his page, it looks like Cincy got a good one.
- Emotional story of how one player had a lot on his mind during his team's loss Saturday.
- Disconcerting allegations coming from a California basketball prep school.
- Wake Forest fans have had enough and finally built a Fire Jeff Bzdelik page, with accompanying hashtag recommendation and everything.
- Michael Jordan's new home is as gargantuan as you'd anticipate.
- Hilarious, random GIF of the definition of a college basketball mismatch.
- Luke Winn wrapped up Indiana's win rather well.
- And though the game has come and gone, read this Indiana student newspaper column on the trouble legacy of Bob Knight.
- A 70-year-old basketball coach stopped two ruffians with guns -- and killed one of them.
- Damn, I was hoping to write the first national Mike Muscala profile this season. SI.com beat me to the punch and it's worth the six-minute read.
- "NCAA Money for Student Assistance Lands in Many Pockets, Big Ten Document Shows."
- The free online app that allows you to sync up a TV broadcast with radio play-by-play.
- A profile on one of the nicest, most genuine, hardest-working men in basketball. He is the definition of old-school.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» The Will Ferrell commercial that only a small section of the nation saw last night.
Borzello's house music choices weren't inspired at all, but they were a good change of pace. We'll continue mixing things up in the music portion of the post with Fiona Apple's "Limp." Do not dismiss Ms. Apple. She's really quite fantastic. This song has a digging double drum groove going on near the end that I love.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.