|I actually first met Bilas in a dorm cafeteria on Syracuse's campus in 2002. Cool story, bro, I know. (via Reddit)|
If you'd like to submit links, I encourage it. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Around the World
I forget how I came upon this story last week, but you have to read it. || This is sickening -- literally. Interactive virtual camera atop the world's tallest building will make you dizzy if you play with it for too long. || It's kind of remarkable how many asteroids flirt with Earth in our time yet we've been lucky enough to dodge the pebbles so far. || Welp, one of the stranger stories I've read so far in 2013. || Art from the Ice Age.
- Story behind the photo up top.
- Wow. Did you see this latest twist in the UNC academic drama? The former governor's investigation seems to be as thoroughly wrought as whenever I'm asked to vacuum the floor.
- It's the top 10 dunks of the season so far, and the 1 and 2 choices are absolutely correct.
- Jalen Rose had himself a bit of a college throwback experience over the weekend while visiting Bloomington.
- From what little action we had Monday night, here's how the bubble was affected.
- A supremely written piece about a dead playground legend from the D.C. area who police suspect killed himself in December.
- Bracketed around this review of "Silver Linings Playbook" was a quote from Texas' AD, who put college hoops on blast and was grammatically incorrect in the process.
- In reading this, it all just hit me how badly Luke Martinez temporarily screwed up his life and his team's chances at making the NCAA tournament. Just dumb.
- College basketball: it can be a love/hate relationship, you know.
- A former Big Ten player ranks the league's arenas.
- Seton Hall played Pitt tough but came up short last night. It was without a key player, and could be for a while going forward.
- It was a good Monday for Akron.
- Lorenzo Brown ready to play by Thursday's big game against Duke? No idea.
- Good job by John Feinstein to follow up on Northern Illinois' dreadful offensive output last weekend ... and see what the team did to respond.
- North Carolina should be Wake tonight, but it's looking like P.J. Hairston's going to miss the game.
- This is random and for the niche hoophead diehards, but a really good look at an underrated player on a possible tournament team.
- These are the threads Michigan's wearing tonight, yellow shoes included.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» Timelapse video of Georgetown's gray-out. It almost goes by too fast, which is odd, because we're talking about Georgetown basketball here.
I do keep a running tally of bands whose music I share in this space, as not to repeat any throughout the year. So it's silly that we've reached February and I've not gone with a Radiohead track yet. This is off Kid A and is one of my 10 favorite Radiohead tunes. Could be their most underrated, and I say that not even being a huge Kid A fan, though I do enjoy it this time of year.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.