Word came down Tuesday that Dick Vitale will call the first Final Four of his career this year, on ESPN International. A neat look back on college basketball's most popular and polarizing ambassador of the past 20 years.
Around the World
Woman claims she was evicted due to her cancer. || Look at this picture and realize we are but nothing. || If you're on Instagram, your photo feed will now be available online in quasi blog form. || "What key do you do it in?" "What key do you want it in?" I love (and have daydreamed a thousands times) when a musician invites a person on stage and has them play a song. || Only girls asked to stop swearing at a New Jersey high school.
- Goodman updated his latest mock draft on Tuesday night. I'm fascinated by it, personally. A lot of questions, and I think a lot of movement in general between now and June.
- Latest look at Player of the Year has me thinking Kelly Olynyk should still be higher.
- A 79-year-old man was a key figure in the oft-overlooked Toledo game-fixing scandal from a few years back, and on Tuesday that man pleaded guilty.
- Really good insight and opinion into Blaine Taylor's firing at Old Dominion Tuesday.
- A player on a sleeper team come March was arrested for a DUI.
- ESPN had unfettered access (does any other word ever come after "unfettered" than "access"?) in the lead-up to Ohio State-Michigan. Some really great photos in there.
- The randomness of 3-point rebounding. I love this stuff.
- A feature on the intensity of basketball in the city of Memphis -- middle school basketball.
- Jason Lisk lays out where the RPI's finding value in certain teams -- and how/why those teams might lose early in March.
- And what of the difference in RPI and ... BPI?
- USA Today is quite diligent about getting information on coaches' salaries. It uncovered the coin Brad Stevens was making as of last season.
- More love for Belmont and its chances at being a feared Cinderella type again this season.
- A different way of looking at what the BracketBusters matchups do -- or don't -- offer in their final season.
- If you want a hi-def look at the new uniforms that I hate, well then.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» These parents will inadvertently start the next YouTube trend of babies making trick shots. Barring a toddler dunking on an 8-foot hoop, this'll be the only one I share here.
I think I'll just share records/songs this week that I usually enjoy in the month of February. Modest Mouse's The Moon and Antarctica is another one. A classic indie-rock album. Tomorrow, we diverge away from the genre for something else completely different.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.