Well, I'm still not quite sure what happened on Wednesday night. Kansas, it's too bizarre. This happened way late into the morning. San Diego State got out of its home arena with a close shave over Boise State.
Around the World
The biggest news from Wednesday for people older than 36. || If you're into photos that make you lose track of the time, here's a site that I hit up a few times a week. || Simple superhero posters in black-and-white. I want them all. || Twenty-six Apple gadgets that never made it to the market. || Archer characters as real-life humans. Archer dude is pretty spot-on.
New Mexico State's Tyrone Watson has been arrested and "charged with a third-degree felony count of aggravated battery causing great bodily harm for allegedly grabbing 19-year-old Miguel Rascon by the neck and hitting him at least once," per the police report.
- More ugly. D-III Hamline has parted ways with its coach.
- The local gamer from Kansas' angle.
- I love this and hope it happens. Kansas senator trying to pass bill that would mandate Kansas, Kansas State and Wichita State all must play each other every season. The former two share a league, of course. But since Kansas only has three D-I teams, why not make this mandatory?
- Charlie Pierce warns and mocks the NCAA in such casual style that it's devastating in its rhythm and tone.
- A heavy and well-written short feature story here by David Woods on a Butler player who just lost his father.
- A Kickstarter for a bracket-pool app that seems pretty awesome, actually.
- A call to bring Michigan's banners back to the rafters.
- EB is back on his Bubble Watch game. Seeing this format of teams and info and probabilities and discussion on the page takes me back to when I killed time in college and soaked this up just as much then as I do now.
- Quite a few teams have had to waywardly carry on without a key piece. How have they done?
- Iowa State AD kicked out of his kid's high school game.
- Nerd fight over who loves Marcus Smart more. Newsflash, fellas. Marcus and I totally talked on the phone on Wednesday night for, like, 27 minutes. So take that.
- Hilarious NC State fan photo. Give the guy credit: He's got the guts to do what we all wish we had the conscience to do.
- Just a reminder of something simple, smart and cool: The D-II and D-III title games will be in the same city/same week as the Final Four this season.
- Tangentially related to college hoops, I guess.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» This is cool. Called "Commuters" and is a look at the New York City subway system over the course of a year.
I promised something different from recent choices, and I think Kweli qualifies. I'm not huge on hip-hop, but I do have my favorites, and he's probably at the top of my list. This is "Time." Listen to it twice.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.