|For more on this Photoshop, check the links below. (via MGoBlog)|
A nice, enjoyable, relatively quiet evening in college basketball. It's what we had Monday night. It wasn't foreign, but it wasn't that familiar, either. I can only guess Tuesday will put us back on the roller coaster.
Around the World
The must-must-must-must-read in Esquire on the man who killed bin Laden. It will take you an hour, so set aside time, and be prepared. || So, Duane Allman's 129-track retrospective is being hosted to a stream right now. I love the Internet. || Cool: reporter who broke the Pope-stepping-down story did so because she understands Latin. || How these men can do this job is beyond me. || If you thought you had trouble finding love growing up, consider the mere mathematical mountain facing these men.
- This became official over the weekend. I was wondering when it'd happen.
- More on what that pic at the top is all about. MGoBlog does some of the best recap/ranking/info work out there.
- You most likely can't afford it, but the NCAA is auctioning off some pretty nice paintings of college coaches who've won national titles.
- Good satire here on an underachieving program.
- Google will now help you support your favorite college hoops team.
- As you'd expect, not only are top-25 teams struggling on the road, but they're doing it at one of the worst rates we've seen in recent history.
- If you'd like to hear yours truly on a podcast that's not my own, you can find me gabbing as a guest here.
- Who are the likely players left on the table to win Big East POY?
- Supreme feature on Jeff Withey here. Highly recommend it.
- Dean Smith has gotten to the "good days and bad" stage of his life. Sad ending playing out for a great coach.
- On the one hand, here's reason why this team has a good shot to make the NCAAs. Then again, this news could curb those chances.
- No surprise here from Mr. Boeheim.
- UCLA fan goes off on the national media for its supposed anti-UCLA viewpoint. Alrighty then.
- The Ducks' slump might still last a bit more becaue Dominic Artis' return for this week doesn't seem good.
- Do read Luke Winn on the branded and bellicose defense that's become Havoc at VCU. I love schemes with names that achieve big-time success.
- Butler's down a big man for the next two games.
- I feel bad even sending you here for the link, so I'll describe it for you and then you tell me if you think it's worth reading. Minnesota columnist posits the program should probably fire Tubby Smith and give Shaka Smart a call. Mkay.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» The Harlem Shake has hit hoops, specifically Nebraska. Spot Tim Miles just enjoying the flashmob as the beat drops halfway through the video. These videos have become the Web trend of February, basically. This one is hilarious. This one, too. They'll be fun for a few more weeks, get old by March, and plenty of sports teams will still be doing them in July.
Roger Taylor: one of the best bad dudes behind a kit in rock history. Wish this dude had more time singing solo on Queen's records. Here's the band nearly 40 years ago. The studio cut can be found here. Rev up your Tuesday.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.