Do hope you enjoy the links and all. As a reminder, you can email me any tips or links you think worthy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Send away!
Around the World
Bonkers/horrifying story of the day:Olympian Oscar Pistorius accidentally shot and killed his girlfriend. || Whhaaaaaat. Guy drives throughout France with his car stuck, going 125 MPH. Again: whhaaaaat. || I love nature photography. || Great little read here: the 10 best NBA dunk contests of all time. || These photos are so cool. Animal camouflage! || It's Valentine's Day. Do something easy, simple, nice and helpful for another.
- Quick read, worth knowing. Basketball next to Syria's civil war.
- Re: Noel, a great look by Kevin Pelton at what ACL tears mean in modern basketball.
- Read King's Court and get an idea of how Jason King would build his perfect player. What traits do you most covet?
- Luke Winn's PR's this week are especially ridiculous, and that's saying something.
- I love Marcus Smart's game, and this video scouting report is worth a peek.
- Here are the shirts that Miami fans will receive next week when Virginia visits. When slogans kind of send the wrong message.
- Myron Medcalf touches on a few good points here, discussing Gonzaga.
- Why Jim Larranaga will haunt this athletic director for years to come.
- Scroll down on this column and read the "A BRIEF ASIDE" portion. Really nice.
- And yet another good story on Saint Louis basketball. The program is the feel-good team of the year.
- Jason Lisk, a man known for his savvy and necessary NFL work, continues to do nice analysis on college hoops.
- The further we get into a season, the more we whittle our list down on teams we believe are comprised of the talent and tendencies to win it all.
- Enosch Wolf's case has been delayed, and yeah, he won't be playing again this season. Wonder if UConn will bring him back. He is 7-1.
- The best freshmen of the ACC are here.
- If true, this is fantastic news.
- How have Kentucky's title-winning odds changed since Noel was done for the year.
- Really enjoyable medium-sized read on Colorado State here by Jeff Eisenberg. I'm driving that Rams wagon, you know. Said last week the team is going to the Sweet 16.
- Of course in this, of all weeks, we see a foul-up-three scenario that gets the game to overtime nonetheless.
- Read the note here on Tennessee basketball and how it relates to ... Frank Haith?
Moving Pictures and Music
»» More Harlem Shake. Yes, we don't stop. Keep sending them. It's still going strong.
The motherflippin' DAN. "The Caves of Altamira." The horns on this are arousing. I listened to this song and its record, The Royal Scam, while cruising back home after Syracuse-UConn. It set me in a good mood, the mood to put together a Wakeup Call at 2 in the morning.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.