|Mario Chalmers' number is worth retiring? Hey, that '08 title was huge for KU, and he was the catalyst. (Getty Images)|
Welcome back to the week. We don't take Presidents Day off. Links galore below. Enjoy and strap in -- only three weeks of the regular season remain.
Around the World
It's every meteorite known to man in "recent history" that's fallen to earth, all in one easy interactive map. || Supercool astronaut @Cmdr_Hadfield just got cooler. He played guitar and sang—from space—in real time with ... || Our world, 50 years ago, in pictures. || Fairly incredible street musician. || Black Keys drummer deftly trolls Bieber fans.
- Georgetown and Duke are the biggest shifters in this week's Top 25 (and one).
- Today offers up as many quality feature profile-type pieces as I can ever remember putting in one Wakeup Call. Get ready to cue up a few, starting with this one.
- Mario Chalmers' number, as you can see, was retired on Saturday. The Kansas City Star detailed the night.
- No big deal, just a new YouTube channel starting up in the name of March Madness.
- Bashir Mason is only 29, the youngest coach in D-I hoops. Who knows where his career will go, but my pal Brendan just wrote the first consummate profile of the guy.
- And here is an encompassing profile of Naters Gonna Nate. A good sidebar of stats on Wolters here as well.
- Seventy-pound fifth-grader is playing varsity hoops and doing quite well at it.
- Maryland Fan went Maryland Fan on Saturday night after the Terps did Duke. Yep: Maryland Fan!
- Great hustle and experimentation from Winn and John Ezekowitz, who looked at the recent/current college players whose stat lines most resemble Jordan's at Carolina.
- JaRon Rush's kid is already 15 years old, and you should read this feature on him.
- Kenyatta Smith has had a ridiculous past couple of days, and Harvard's in control of the Ivy now.
- Biggest risers/fallers in KenPom not only in the past week, but the biggest disappointments since the first rankings were revealed at season's beginning.
- John Feinstein is reporting Siena would get an invite to the Catholic 7's new league before Creighton. Ooooookayyyyy.
- I long ago ditched NC State as a viable Final Four candidate, but this data just about seals the deal on that.
- If you tell me tonight that you have the vision to see the future and it shows Marcus Smart and OSU in the Elite Eight, I believe you.
- I made a similar point regarding Noel last week.
- This column about the down state of college hoops this year in Utah is correct in general but is such a Stock Old Newspaper Man Column, I couldn't help but chuckle.
- ESPN rolled out its top-75 players in NCAA tourney history, and it's a fun scroll through time.
- Coach -- not kid -- sinks halfcourt shot to pay for said kid's tuition.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» I do believe this will be the last Harlem Shake video that we'll be posting barring the genre finding a next-level entry. Take us out, Maryland fans.
Jaco Pistorius -- a Pistorius to make you feel good, for a change. If you don't know the name, he's arguably the greatest bass player to ever live and is certainly one of the most influential. Long since dead though, unfortunately. Most nimble man on the four-string outside of Victor Wooten, IMO. This is "Kuru/Speak Like a Child" and it is ridiculous.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.