|Anthony Marshall sank the game-winner for UNLV over Colorado State on Wednesday night. (US Presswire)|
Another really enjoyable night of college hoop Wednesday. I trust you caught most of it. Do you realize we've only got a week of February left? March is gonna be here in a jiffy. I've got too many links to share to keep up. Let's dig in.
Around the World
For all you college kids who like the Wakeup Call, a method to game the grading curve. || This is creepy, yet I'm intrigued: tweets from beyond the grave, all thanks to an app . || Pearl Jam's Ten just cracked 10 million record sales. Here's a list of the albums in the SoundScan era that claim the same. Goodness, the late '90s provided a lot of teenagers with way too much chore money to waste on awful albums. || Six of these suggestions for new types of punctuation are legitimately savvy and needed. || 3D pen seems like a cool waste of money for my future children.
- Must be your first link: Bill Self shuffle GIF set to MC Hammer. Wake up and jive.
- UNLV, really borderline, needed that win Wednesday night.
- Pretty savvy approach by John Calipari, who generally gets it when it comes to uncommon approaches in fixing problems. In other words, dodgeball.
- In other Kentucky news, this harmless cartoon has riled up Wildcats fans, predictably.
- Oh, and I went on Kentucky TV and talked about the Wildcats and messed up a trivia question that I should have known. Dammit.
- A tribute to the 17-year-old prep star who collapsed and died this week. Irreversibly sad.
- Extremely scary news regarding former Longhorn Gary Johnson. Prayers with him.
- The water-mammal basketball clip that cuts straight to your hoops-loving heart.
- Meet the coach running the D-II team that scores more than 100/game and puts up 1.3 points per possession. What's his secret?
- "The scene at Chaifetz is exactly what the late Rick Majerus envisioned." Do read this column.
- Good news for Syracuse, which still stands to get better as a team as March arrives.
- The continued stagnant state of Maryland and Georgetown's frozen rivalry remains ridiculous. Let's hope the coaches and ADs can end the ban by next year. No more excuses.
- "It's jock itch in a time of cholera." Dave Kindred, you're a treasure.
- Yes, yes, yes. Pomeroy concedes on initial belief that 3-point defense is basically all luck. It's some luck but some system and a lot depending on other factors in the defense. If you're into chances and how patterns develop, do read it.
- Damontre Harris was arrested this week. Do you know whom he plays for?
- Five really good programs this season that will/should take significant steps back next year.
- If you haven't had your Victor Oladipo Moment yet, you're sleepwalking through this season.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» I apologize for sharing this, but I couldn't not.
Listen, I know you know the song, but I need you to be in my world right now, because "Africa" has been in my head for the past three days. I figure the only way the worm leaves my brain is by passing it along to you. More importantly, have you forgotten how incredible this video is? It's comical.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.