Only two more days of the Wakeup Call before we get full-fledged news crazy with your mornings. Below, as you've come to expect, the boatload of links to occupy your day and make your an expert procrastinator.
Around the World
Cosmic lobster. || "Scientists say baby born with HIV apparently cured." Could be kind of a big deal. || Sinkholes are becoming way, way too common. || The Harlem Shake is already so out of style it is costing people jobs for doing it. || I haven't shared too many time-lapse videos here this season because they've become passé to a point. But this one's really nice and will make you not want to live where you currently live. || Please make this movie and take my money.
- Props to Goodman and Parrish for going with Gonzaga at No. 1.
- I linked this last week, and I'm doing it once more because a good man and good writer is hanging in the balance, waiting to see if his daughter can survive.
- The man who threw games for San Diego received his sentence late last week. He will be going to jail for ...
- Your must-read on a Monday morning is Kevin Armstrong on the Coach K of Canada.
- Convenient: Dates, times, TV networks for every conference championship game.
- The college basketball commentator draft that SI.com revealed late Sunday night might get some chatter momentum on Twitter.
- After his team's horrible loss on Saturday night, Andy Kennedy candidly addressed his team's tournament chances and his prospects of remaining coach at Ole Miss.
- The kid who made the cardboard bigface of Coach K for last week's Virginia game had a few moments of fame for the timely mimicry. An interview with him and why he did it.
- We'll have conference-tournament material coming at you in the coming days. If you want an early look and rundown at some leagues, take a gander.
- I had no idea Shabazz Muhammad overcame Tourette syndrome in order to be a better basketball player.
- More UCLA: The Daily Bruin did a terrific job chronicling the school's weekend hosting GameDay. Scroll on through.
- The best player in the Ivy League is born to a man who previously played at the same school. The father and son spend hours on the phone every week, after games, talking.
- A good, easy read into the life of a former D-I assistant who was pushed out of D-I by the NCAA for a short time. If he wants, he'll have a good job back in the big leagues within three years.
- Weber State deserves much, much credit for being this good after Damian Lillard's departure.
- We'll have more on this later this morning in the blog.
- If Gonzaga gets a No. 1 seed, it will have among the lowest SOS for a top-line team in the past 13 years.
- The New York Times took a trip out to Spokane to do the overarching profile on Mark Few's program.
- Give it a look, wait for it, it will come to you.
- Big Ten tiebreakers. Quite lengthy.
Moving Pictures and Music
»» Virginia's good will from beating Duke was erased entirely by falling to Boston College on Sunday.
We're coming down to the last couple of Wakeup Calls for the season and, again, a reader has submitted the music choice. It was one of the first replies that I got when I put out the feeler on Sunday night. Oh yeah, good funk. How can you have a bad Monday when listening to this? Thank you, @a_j_larson. The assistant coach who saw my tweet and texted with a request for Gordon Lightfoot will go unnamed.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.