With college basketball's regular season coming to an end this weekend, the podcast finally brings on a guest we've long wanted: RushtheCourt.net editor Randy McClure. RTC has long been one of the best college hoops blogs out there, and Randy is a really smart guy. I think you'll dig some of the background-setting convo we have outside of the contemporary hoops talk. We get into Kentucky, Carolina, the bid process, the Cal-Stanford fight, the reasons we got into college hoops. Lots to look back at for games this week but we also glance ahead to conference tournament championships and Selection Sunday -- just NINE DAYS AWAY.
- From the beginning: Introducing Randy to the pod. He and I have a lot in common in terms of how we built our independent sites and when/what inspired us to do so.
- 8:30: Getting into Kentucky's problems and John Calipari's brilliant, latest spin.
- 14:25: North Carolina gets Duke Saturday at home and a lot of people have been buying the Heels as a tourney dark horse. Randy and I don't.
- 16:40: The difference in ones, twos and threes -- there's separation there. At least in my opinion. Randy disagrees.
- 18:35: Virginia. Oh, Virginia.
- 21:15: Villanova/our value with getting really good wins. Or: Why we like Villanova more than Memphis when it comes to tournament inclusion/seeding.
- 23:40: Cal/Stanford fight.
- 25:30: Randy participated in this, which I loved. So we get into the background of it. Some good thoughts on Vitale as well.
- 31:50: Wrap up with some tourney talk. Enjoy the games this weekend, everybody.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.