The MEAC is sending a program to the NCAA tournament that hasn't been to the big dance in almost two decades.
The Aggies are led by first-year coach Cy Alexander, who was most recently at Tennessee State through the 2008-09 season, never taking TSU to an NCAA tournament in six seasons there.
A&T's 19 wins are the most for the program in over a decade. I know MEAC schools often have a tough time -- but, hello, Norfolk State last year -- yet it's still great to see programs who get back after really, really long droughts.
Player to know: Adrian Powell. The senior forward leads the Aggies in points with 12.5 per game, and also grabs 5.1 rebounds.
- Record: 19-16 overall, 8-8 in the MEAC
- Most recent tournament appearance: 1995
- Jerry Palm predicts: 16 seed
- KenPom ranking: 228
- Sagarin ranking: 249
- RPI: 225
- Best win: Eastern Kentucky
- Worst losses: Utah Valley, South Carolina State
- Notable stat: A&T will likely play in a First Four game against another 16 seed. If it's to win, it'll need to keep getting to the foul line, something it does on a quarter of its possessions.
For more college basketball news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnCBB on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the thrice-a-week podcast on iTunes. You can follow Matt Norlander on Twitter here: @MattNorlander.