I sat down early Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Is Marshall Henderson really "the story" even in a loss?
- What are we to make of Kansas and Kentucky both sitting with two losses?
- Is Joel Embiid the biggest threat to Andrew Wiggins being the No. 1 overall pick?
- What do "small schools" have to do to get national attention?
- How impressive has Wisconsin been?
- Are the freshmen still the focus of college basketball?
Beyond all that, we spent a good amount of time discussing Baylor and Scott Drew and why some are so hesitant to acknowledge the obvious -- which is that Drew is doing a remarkably terrific job running the Baylor program. This transitioned into a conversation about groupthink, then morphed into a conversation about Nickelback, Saved by the Bell, The Beatles and Breaking Bad. (Trust me, it'll make sense when you hear it.)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.