I sat down Thursday with CBS Sports' Seth Davis to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- How great is the Wichita State story of a possible undefeated season?
- Why can't some understand WSU is really good regardless of league affiliation?
- How did Steve Fisher build San Diego State into a West Coast monster?
- Should fans -- like, say, Maryland fans -- be more patient with coaches?
- Does John Calipari really think writers are rooting for his Kentucky Wildcats to fail?
- And does Calipari realize it was writers who ranked his team preseason No. 1?
- Why do some reject Doug McDermott as a historically great college player?
Beyond all that, we spent the first half of the podcast talking about Seth's new book -- "Wooden: A Coach's Life." I asked Seth why he decided to take on this challenge, how difficult it was to try to profile Wooden from every angle, and if the iconic UCLA coach was really as principled as he presented himself to be late in life?
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.