I sat down Monday morning with Matt Norlander and Jeff Borzello to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- What does Saturday's incident say about Oklahoma State star Marcus Smart?
- What does it say about Texas Tech super-fan Jeff Orr?
- What does it say about OSU coach Travis Ford?
- Why is it socially acceptable for fans to yell crazy things at players and coaches?
- Would it be acceptable in any other walk of life?
- (Can you tell we spent a lot of time talking about Smart?)
Beyond all that, we got into a conversation about the Big 12 Player of the Year race -- talked about Iowa State's Melvin Ejim, Iowa State's DeAndre Kane, and the Cyclones' body of work in general. How big is this week for Pittsburgh? Will the Panthers beat top-ranked Syracuse on Wednesday? Did you even realize Duke-North Carolina is Wednesday? Has North Carolina turned the so-called corner? Is Wisconsin back on track? Will Kentucky beat Florida this week? (And, regardless of your answer, is your answer your hope or your opinion?)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.