I sat down Thursday morning with CBS Sports' Doug Gottlieb to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- Why did Jamie Dixon call that timeout at the end of the Pitt-Syracuse game?
- Why was Syracuse point guard Tyler Ennis undervalued coming out of high school?
- Is Ennis now going to be a one-and-done guy?
- What happened with Marcus Smart on Saturday night?
- Does Oklahoma State coach Travis Ford bear some responsibility?
- Is the Big 12 good or just a bunch of teams (outside of KU) beating each other?
- Is San Diego State as good as San Diego State's resume suggest?
Beyond all that, Doug is in Indianapolis because he's calling tonight's Creighton-Butler game. So we talked a little about Creighton star Doug McDermott at the end. We also discussed why Butler's transition to the Big East has been difficult.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.