I sat down Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss a number of issues in the sport. Among them:
- How was Borzello's trip to see Kentucky, Cincinnati and Louisville?
- Should Rutgers really be this bad given its talent at the top of the roster?
- Will the American really get five schools in the NCAA tournament?
- How about Creighton's second blowout of Villanova?
- What does it say about Creighton?
- What does it say about Villanova?
- What is up with Nebraska? (Lots of Nebraska talk, actually.)
- Who should be the Big 12 Coach of the Year?
- How is Kentucky going to get a great seed with just two top-50 RPI wins?
- Arizona is 2-2 since Brandon Ashley's injury. Is that a sign of things to come?
- The No. 1 seeds should be Syracuse, Florida, Wichita State and ...?
Beyond all that, we got into a lengthy conversation about Wichita State, and I think I came up with what should be Gregg Marshall's scheduling philosophy for next season. If he does what I suggest, he'd get the Shockers so much positive press it would be unbelievable.
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.