I sat down Monday with Jeff Borzello and Matt Norlander to look back, look ahead and discuss issues in the sport of college basketball. Among them:
- How awesome is Wichita State's 34-0 season to date?
- Why do people who claim to respect KenPom still question the Shockers?
- Is Wichita State a legitimate threat to win the whole thing?
- What was it like to witness Doug McDermott's Senior Night?
- How dumb is it to book a 6 a.m. flight the morning after we lose an hour?
- What are we to make of Joel Embiid's lingering back issue?
- Can Kansas win it all if he's not 100 percent?
- Will NBA teams hesitate to take him No. 1 overall because of this?
- Florida, Wichita and Arizona will be No. 1 seeds. Who else?
- How good of a job has Billy Donovan done with the Gators?
Beyond all that, Borzello and I reprimanded Norlander for keeping Nebraska out of his projected Field of 68. He eventually came around, though ... probably because I wouldn't stop booing him. (I booed that dude so much.)
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.