I sat down Thursday with Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.comto discuss college basketball players, in this championship week, as NBA prospects. Among the questions I asked:
- How good will Doug McDermott be at the NBA level?
- Has dominating the Big East helped his so-called stock?
- Will Joel Embiid's back injury scare away some franchises?
- Is there really a chance Embiid returns to Kansas for another year?
- Has Andrew Wiggins quieted his skeptics?
- Could Jabari Parker go get 15 points in an NBA game tonight?
- Has he benefitted from playing at Duke and for Mike Krzyzewski?
- What's been wrong with Kentucky?
- Is the problem really youth? Or is it a roster pieced together poorly?
On that last note, I asked Jonathan how much better Kentucky would be if it just traded Andrew Harrison for Tyler Ennis. In other words, the Wildcats would still be just as young. But wouldn't they be so much better? And, if so, doesn't that blow away the theory that UK is just too young to win big?
The latest Eye on College Basketball podcast is below.
Give it a listen.
--> MP3: download the episode here.
--> Popout player: to play pod in a separate window on the Web.
--> If you're not already subscribed via iTunes, please do so now.