Tom Izzo has gone on record this season saying he has been frustrated by the world of high-stakes and high-level recruiting, and now he's moving on to the biggest offseason talking point: transfers.
There are more than 500 names on this year's transfer list.
Speaking to MLive.com, Izzo said he was "really disappointed" in the rising number of transfers.
“It's a vicious circle, and it's one of the things I'm very disappointed in our game about to be blunt and honest with you,” Izzo said. “I think we've got to find a solution. You wonder why it's harder to discipline kids nowadays, they've got 20 people telling them ‘Well if you don't like it just leave.'
"These guys have done something where they just feel like the smaller programs, if you play well there you're going to move up or definitely as a fifth-year guy you're going to leave."
Michigan State hasn't landed a transfer since 2011, when Valparaiso guard Brandon Wood went to East Lansing as a fifth-year transfer, taking advantage of the graduate-degree rule. This offseason, though, the Spartans have been in the mix for multiple transfers. Big man John Egbunu chose Florida on Thursday, but he visited Michigan State recently. Eron Harris (West Virginia) and Charles Cooke (James Madison) are interested in the Spartans, and are both still undecided.
Izzo had been rumored with a couple of NBA openings last month, but said in late April he would be returning to Michigan State next season.